Welcome to Oshu Akiu Onsen Rantei
Oshu Akiu Onsen Rantei is approximately 30 minutes by car from downtown Sendai.
As it is located on a hill, all the Japanese-style rooms overlook the hot spring town of Akiu.
We are proud of our cuisine which gets the best out of seasonal ingredients and of the relaxation that's on offer courtesy of staff who won the first prize in Japan's Esthetique Grand Prix.
The name Rantei originates from the Orchid Pavilion, where poems written by Wang Xizhi were compiled into the Langtingji Xu, which has been used as a model for Chinese calligraphy for the past 1600 years. Our kyokusui garden and arbor have been inspired by those images and replicate that environment.
- By train
- Approx. 2 hours from Tokyo Station to Sendai Station. Approx. 30 minutes by taxi.
- Approx. 1 hour from Morioka Station to Sendai Station. Approx. 30 minutes by taxi.
- Approx. 50 minutes from Yamagata Station to Sendai Station. Approx. 30 minutes by taxi.
- By car
- Approx. 4 hours and 15 minutes from Tokyo (Urawa I.C.).
- Approx. 2 hours from Morioka (Morioka I.C.).
- Approx. 1 hour from Yamagata (Yamagata-Zao I.C.).
Sightseeing spots around Oshu Akiu Onsen Rantei
- Akiu Great Falls
- Rairai Valley Rairai Valley
- Lake Kamafusa Lake Kamafusa
- Jozenji-dori Jozenji-dori